Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fan mount

runhunter

I can't remember if it was on TOO, but I saw a post about using the brass from shotgun shell at the top of the beard on a fan mount. If anyone remembers this link, or can let me know what they did, id appreciate it

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Alex (triplea88) did this one for me. Drill out the primer and run a screw into the mount board. Then just insert the beard in to the crimped end. If you want you could also cut away the shell leaving the brass and hot glue the beard tip in the brass.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390235862.983323.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390235878.811504.jpg

Nevermind that other beard it's jus kinda stuck up there.

runhunter

Looks good Jack.... Ill keep that in mind. The one I remember seeing just had the brass holding the beard to the plaque. Hmmm options are always good

Hunter II

Here is how I did one of mine. I used a leather string to hold the spurs and beard. I cut the hull off of the brass and used the wire from inside a Christmas tree ornament out the primer hole. The beard is hot glued to the brass.
[/URL]

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
HPIM2190.jpg

I cut the shell off about 1/4" from the brass. Drilled a hole in the brass near the plastic. (Make sure your letters are upright) Then tried different drill bits on a piece of scrap until the shell fit snug. Wrapped a piece of black leather (Camo cloth would be cool too) an leave a "tail" of material sticking off the top. Put a spot of glue on it and slide the shell into your hole on the plaque.

HPIM2193.jpg

Huckleberry Finn

My fan mount is from the good ole days when you got a metal tag with your bird, so that hangs under the fan and the shotgun shell is wrapped up in the metal band.