Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Looking Poorly

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Check this deer out. Looks to me to be in a bad way. Seen one at the feeder about a week ago that looked sluggish getting around. Didn't think much of it until this pic showed up. Would you try and take it out?
Cdy00008.jpgCdy00009.jpgCdy00013.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
What's up with the rear legs???? The right one looks weird .... The rest of her looks like she has large tumors on her which may of may not be deadly too her.... No other deer around her is kinda weird this time of year as well....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
The way it appears in the photos )all 3 of them) here right rear leg looks crossed or just not right....

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Between the tumor on it's brisket by the front leg and the back leg just hanging there that button buck is done for. If you get a chance to shoot it do so but I would venture to guess it won't be around much longer anyway. Either natural causes or yotes will take it down soon enough. Probably find it dead when your out shed hunting in a few weeks.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I hate to see that. If she were on my property I would probably put her down TOO.
I realize nature will take its due course but if the movie mode proves out what is suggested by others above than why let her suffer. Part of being a good steward to the land doesn't end with just habitat improvement.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I agree. The yotes will likely get it anyway. Even if they don't it's got to be suffering pretty bad. Why put it through that brutal death by yotes of lingering suffering for the same outcome as if you ended it. Sometime law conflicts common decency.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Pretty much what I've been thinking Joe. I can answer J's question and do what's right at the same time. There is a tag to be burnt, so I will see if he wants to go and be the shooter.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Good luck with him and hopefully you can do him a favor by putting him down. It looks like his legs are crossed and he's probably hopping around on one back leg. Definitely looks painful.