Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Real men hunting the Polar Vortex

Jamie

Ohio
today we went back to squirrel haven. squirrels not moving too good, very few tracks in fresh snow. hunted with my buddies Dean Torges, Vince Ciola and young Sky. Dean brought the A team today. his dog Digger is the finest squirrel dog I've ever had the pleasure of hunting with. a once in a lifetime dog. Lefty kept pace with his grandpa Digger today. I can only hope that Lefty develops into half the dog Digger is.

despite the poor conditions, we kept after it and the dogs did well. young Sky handles himself and my CZ Scout quite impressively for a 10 year old boy. he was the primary shooter today and knocked the piss out of 'em. :smiley_clap:

polar vortex squirrels.JPG

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
That's awesome those dogs get to work together like that. It'll serve young Lefty well! Few things I truly enjoy more than a good dog doing his thing. I've never hunted squirrels over dogs, but I'm sure it is a blast. My cousin had a mountain cur that was hardly able, so I never went hunting with her. Good to see you guys out there enjoying life!

Jamie

Ohio
beats shit out of sitting in treestand shivering. ;) I never thought I'd live long enough to find something that makes me want to put the bow down. late season deer hunting might be a thing of the past for me. I'm having too much fun squirrel hunting. is cutting into my shop time a little this year, too with trips in the works to hunt Michigan and S. Carolina next month after our season is over. I guess I don't really need another bow anyway...

I have to agree, Jesse. there are few things more enjoyable to me that hunting with good dogs. doesn't matter what you're hunting, just cool to see a skilled dog working. on the other hand, there are few things less enjoyable than hunting with dogs that aren't good at what they are doing, disobedient or ill mannered.

if you really want to give it a try sometime, let me know. we can make it happen. probly not this year now. damn this weather.