Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Awesome day with Boarhead

Ricer2231

I wanna take a minute and publicly thank Boarhead for taking me under his wing today and showing me the art of setting snares. I went up there today without a clue of how to set a snare and left there with the confidence to set snares and know that I could catch yotes now. I'm not gonna steal his thunder in regards to what was caught last night but I will say that he obviously knows what he is doing.
Brian is a super nice guy and explains everything, which makes it very easy to learn. I liked the fact that we would walk and find the crossings and trails and he would then turn me loose and let me set the snare and then critique the set so that it was done right. Plus he has the patience of a saint. :)
Thanks for also fixing me up with a fleshing beam and knife. I will be putting them to good use here in the very near future.
Brian is just an all around great guy and I am proud to call him a friend of mine. Thanks again.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Will do and appreciate the warning. Taking my 4 wheeler to check the other farm. It is TOO cool to be sharing all this with people. I feel like a kid at Christmas waiting for morning to come! :pickle:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That is awesome. No doubt about it. This place is like no other. Amazing group of outdoorsmen (and women) on here.

Ricer2231

Since Brian posted some pics on his thread I will post a couple more here.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390102012.623510.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390102033.577217.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390102062.914397.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390102086.477324.jpg

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks Don and glad you could make it up today.Was a blast and really glad we had some catches and you got a chance to set some snares.Hopefully they run good tonight and have some more tomorrow, Thanks again for the bringing me some of your home brew now get out there and set some snares and help thin out that yote population.LOL

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Awesome guys! Always great when TOOZERS get together to hunt/fish/trap/etc. and just hang out as opposed to simply sharing knowledge and experiences behind computer screens and phones.