Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Boil time

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I can't wait for it TOO be done!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390071495000.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390071495000.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 118

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've never done a boil like that Chad. I'm interested how it works and turns out. Good luck!

I've only boiled over an open fire or on a propane stand burner used for deep frying a turkey. Hope you get the water hot enough and don't use TOO muck propane.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
That's going too be cool when it's done. How's the smell while it's cookin'?

The smell ain't bad, I think the cold helps. Its still not boiling yet, I may have to go get my buddies propane burner that we use to deep fry turkeys.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
I've only boiled one once and I'll never do it again. Took forever on the turkey cooker. There Is a guy close to bellefontain that has the beetles. Don't have to worry about boiling them to long and weakening the skull cap...

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Shouldn't have to change water. I took the eyes, brain and tongue out of mine though. I done one inside but it was fresh. Someone walked in and said it smelled good......Then they saw it........Was sorta funny.rotflmao

I think mine took about a 1/4 bottle of Velvet before done.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Don't... It'll take to more hours to get boiling again...

OK, I should of started this at 9am instead of 1pm Lol. Will most of the leftover meat come off while boiling or do I have too take it out every once in a while and pick at it?

Last edited: