Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Full bore and Finelyshedded Shed thread of 2014

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Well Ron got us started off today finding his # 1 and 2 this morning.

Number 1

I haven't been out yet unless you count a quick 20-30 minute look while checking my cams. They like to drop them later here in the SW.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I got permission today too shed hunt on the farm next to the one where I just found that nice shed and dead head! I hope it leads too me getting hunting permission.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Do you guys run a grid pattern once in a woods or do you know their movements well enough that you follow their trails and then concentrate on creeks and fences???

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
I got permission today too shed hunt on the farm next to the one where I just found that nice shed and dead head! I hope it leads too me getting hunting permission.

Actually J, I only hunt from my Rhino till March. Then once I feel that the horns are on the ground, I go all in. Meaning, I hunt the thickest brush I can find and field edges. I grid the corn fields only.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You guys are getting me pumped up. Seems like we never see them hit the ground up here until late Feb on the early ones and the rest seem to be mid March. Crazy how they drop at different times in different areas.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Was out for two hours Friday afternoon and hit creek crossings and railroad track areas the deer use too cross..... Lots of coyote tracks and found some trails they use but that was it....

Wish I could find one too keep me motivated hahaha