Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Kayak fishing

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Any Kayak fisherman here? I have been fishing from a kayak for a couple of years. Bought a bass boat about a year and a half ago. Ready to sell it. Don't use it enough. Anyways, Im always looking for good spots to put my kayak in. Suggestions?

dustinb80,
Welcome to The Ohio Outdoors! :smiley_bril:
Where are you located, as it's not in your profile. This will help with others helping you with requests, directions, etc.

My brother and I kayak fish whenever we can get out. Since we're in N.W. Ohio...specifically, the Lima area, there are no decent rivers/streams that are fishable. The water quality around here...well, there is no decent water quality around here. It's either too muddy or too shallow or at flood stage. :smiley_arrogant:

Our primary fishing is on farm ponds, reservoirs and small lakes. I plan on doing more traveling this year, as I'd like to fish some waters that I've not been on and hear so much about. Lake Erie is on my list too. A couple of guys that introduced me to Kiser Lake, have been to Lake Erie and have had good things to say about their experiences there.

Bowhunter57

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I do a little bit of kayak fishing as well in the SE. This year will be my third year with a yak. Admittedly, I haven't got to spend much time fishing the last two years, but when I do, I spend that time exploring the AEP Recreation Lands. There's some great fishing to be had up there, and some beautiful scenery.

Huckleberry Finn

I do a little bit of kayak fishing as well in the SE. This year will be my third year with a yak. Admittedly, I haven't got to spend much time fishing the last two years, but when I do, I spend that time exploring the AEP Recreation Lands. There's some great fishing to be had up there, and some beautiful scenery.

If you can send me your maps for AEP...with the good ponds circled...

Huckleberry Finn

Well, in that case, I got the hookup! You got anybody to help carry it anywhere? If you can get off the beaten path, you can find some great fishing!

Yea me and my buddy (who has the canoe) are planning on doing a spring camping / fishing wkend down there.

I am in southwest Ohio. Thirty minutes north of Cincinnati.
dustinb80,
That would put you fairly close to Great Miami Outfitters and they have a decent inventory of kayaks, as well as offering rentals that basically lets you "test drive" before you purchase. They are in Miamisburg, so you may have to use MapQuest to find out how far it is from your location.
http://www.greatmiamioutfitters.com/home.php

Bowhunter57