Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

CVA Optima Pro

TwistedX

So I'm guessing this ain't the first time this thread has surfaced but in the hopes of new info that I couldn't find I'm posting it again. I took the trigger assembly out as I had a little extra time tonight and thought why not it'll only take a few minutes. Well it don't go back in very easy and the research I've found seems to indicate that CVA/BPI is the only ones capable of reassembling it. Kinda hope I'm wrong so if anyone's got any ideas or suggestions please share.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That sucks. Spring loaded shits a rednecks worst nightmare man. Maybe someone can be of help.

TwistedX

I've figured out how it gets assembled but its impossible to get it all back in it seems. I've read stuff about a special tool and stuff about sending it back and stuff about paying a gunsmith to do it. My only thought is am I not supposed to clean the trigger assembly? I bought it used last year this was the first season I fired it during the season and experienced issues with the trigger not wanting to lock back, the main reason I broke it down but I also just wanted to clean it. I sat in the rain excuse me I laid belly down in the snow in some tall grass over some clover Saturday or Sunday of muzzy whenever it was raining so I figured it could use a good cleaning.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Might have been disassembled before with the same intentions..... I'd take it too a smith and find out for sure how it goes together too be on the safe side.....