Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Anyone see the movie yet?

buckstar25

T-county
We saw it Saturday night, a lot of you know the story behind it, Lone Survivor is absolutely the best movie I have seen. I have never seen a crowd (after the film is over), completely silent. Not one word was spoken as we walked out. Very powerful and very respectfully made in my opinion.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Saw it Saturday with Jessica. It's a powerful film that really details the sacrifices our men and women make for this country. The cinematography of military tactics was spot on and textbook. No Hollywood miracle crap with unachievable shots or shock factor explosions after shooting a gas tank kind of crap. No over the top pull at the heart strings patriotism stunts. Just a plain shitty situation and the struggle to survive it.

A word of caution however. To those who have been in combat situations or lost friends, and have some things they keep in and deal with in their own way, it will be nearly impossible to control those emotions at the end. Jessica had an awkward moment after some things I've dealt with internally for years where a bit emotionally overwhelming. If you carry some of those make sure the person you're with understands you might need a little time after the movie.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Excellent movie. The theatre was also silent after we watched it. I read the book 2 years ago and had to go see it. May the guys that didn't make it out rest in peace.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Wow joe. Hate to hear you had to experience that. Sounds like a powerful movie.

I heard that about men who served in WWII after they saw Private Ryan. Especially the beginning.

I'll be checking out This movie.

No need to feel sorry buddy. It should be remembered sometimes.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have heard nothing but great things about this movie. Everyone has said the same thing: Very silent walk out of the theater. Looking forward to seeing it.

buckstar25

T-county
I honestly kind of felt out of place, that's how personal the film felt. I think that Peter Berg did an excellent job with that and Mr. Lutrell made sure the film was just that.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I want to see it, but want to watch it at home. I have no doubts it is a powerful movie, even for a civilian. I like to do my crying at home...

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Saw it tonight. All I ca say is wow. I never thought I could have goosebumps for such a long period of time. Towards the end of the movie wen it was really silent all you could hear is people wheeping, and after the movie it was all silence and people sayin wow. I can honestly say it's the most powerful movie I've ever seen.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Saw it tonight. All I ca say is wow. I never thought I could have goosebumps for such a long period of time. Towards the end of the movie wen it was really silent all you could hear is people wheeping, and after the movie it was all silence and people sayin wow. I can honestly say it's the most powerful movie I've ever seen.

That's how saving private Ryan was at the theatre we were watching it at.... Definitely a different experience....

After watching the interview up above ^^ I immediately told her we needed to see this movie. My wife and I went last night to watch it and the theater was absolutely packed. Simply amazing what some of our soldiers have gone through and survived, not to mention what some likely face for the future.

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
My son who lives in Iowa went to see the movie and he too said he was amazed at the end as the credits were played, no one spoke and no one move to leave the theater for a long time. It is definitely on my list to see!