Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Biggest doe you have shot?

epe

Lancaster
Twice this year, one being Monday, I saw the biggest doe I have ever seen before, without being able to get a shot. She looks huge compared to the other mature does. What is the biggest you have gotten?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Buckrun

This doe weighed 180lb on two different scales.
Shot her with a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 mag. About 6 or 7 years ago.

Her she is hangining in my shop.

I shot this big girl, last fall and she was 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 years old, but I didn't get a weight on her. She's my biggest doe, to this day. I'm estimating around 170 to 180 lbs. While dragging her out, I had to stop several times, but that could be old age too...mine, not hers. :smiley_crocodile:

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I shot one that dressed at 150 a few years ago, but the pictures I have are really shitty and you can't really tell. I have my eyes on two does right now that I think are 200+ pounders on hoof. Hopefully one of them steps in front of Tracie this weekend so we can find out...

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I am guessing this doe was at least 3.5 to 4 yrs old. she had no Teeth and her body was huge. Def. the Lead Doe in this pack. I know there is an older doe than her running around that has the neck of a giraffe. If you see the dominant buck, she is with him..She can pick you out from pretty far away too...She has burnt me many a times. This doe I shot on a stalk and was one of my favorite hunts to date...Sorry for the crappy pics..

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Best ever at 150 dressed...

I had a good stretch in 2009 TOO as I started with a late season doe kill in January that dressed at 130...

Then continured the good luck in 2009 with a dressed 140 doe in October...

And a dressed 135 doe in November...

Last edited:

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Dang jesse the head on that first one is rediculous

That is the first and only deer I have ever killed on video. That is the doe kill that was stolen and used on a DVD at the Expo this year without my permission or the guy who videod it. Then when confronted about it, I was treated like shit and patronized with an offer to knock $5 of the video. I'm still pissed about that whole situation...

This is just me videoing the video, so it sucks. But listen to the "CRACK" when I stick her...

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I've never shot one. I know that sounds crazy, but my first deer was a button buck and I was so jacked off I swore to never shoot another antlerless deer. As a result I've become a bone hunter. I realize doe need to be shoot and I'm glad you guys and others do it. It is just something I've decided not to do. Strange, I know.

rrr

Those are some real good looking does!

The last doe I shot (hey the last deer I shot too!) was a doe which at the time I thought was huge. Upon reviewing the pictures, eh maybe not so much :D Mature though :D

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
That was pretty sweet Jesse!! Gotta love gettin' that close.

Here's a couple pics... not sure on the weight, but they were some big does.

Last weekend of 2008 - 2009 bow season...

Second weekend of 2008 - 2009 bow season...