Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Nice morning out

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Too bad I'm at work and not in a stand or running hounds.....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389616481.065884.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
NASA flew two of them for some time after that.... Don't know if they still do but they did for quite sometime after the AF sent them off too be pickled....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Nasa did have a few like you say, but I think that's all dried up now. They were so awsome.

Saw them up close and personal back in the early 80's over in mildenhal RAF they had a SR and a U2 there year round and that SR was flat out loud.... It always took off before day break and it was an awesome light show with the after burners in the dark..... If you've ever been too a top fuel race, multiply that by at least 2!!!!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Not TOO mention the pilots suited up like astronauts since they were wayyyyy up there.

Yeah, they were arrogant Pr***s that's for sure as was their maint personnel.... I got thrown out and banned from the NCO club there for an incident with them...... Beer was involved lol..........

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Yeah, they were arrogant Pr***s that's for sure as was their maint personnel.... I got thrown out and banned from the NCO club there for an incident with them...... Beer was involved lol..........

Glad i could help bring back some memories for ya...lol

Don' know much about planes but they are pretty sweet, i've only seen the SR-71 at Wrights Patterson in dayton

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Glad i could help bring back some memories for ya...lol

Don' know much about planes but they are pretty sweet, i've only seen the SR-71 at Wrights Patterson in dayton

True about the lots of memories some great and some not so much lol..... Most people see planes and go cool, some of us go yeah that ones a pain in the arse too work on hahaha different perspectives lol....