Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

We all knew this was coming Horton Trade in Program By TenPoint

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
As I see it... If you have a Horton bow that works and shoots faster then 285fps, then I wouldn't even consider it... Looking at the package that retails for $1600 around a bout, but WOW... Your getting $435 worth of gear, you really aren't making out, but tenpoint is selling a shitload of bows... Good strategy... Can't wait to see the New Horton Bow this Fall.. JMTC

Treed

Stark County
I broke my left hand in four places a couple years ago so I bought a Horton Vision 175 and hunted with it last year. There is no way in hell I'd trade that bow for an accessory package! I'm back to shooting a compound, I bought a Hoyt Charger last spring, but unless they're planning on giving a fair trade-in, as in another seven hundred dollar bow, they can keep their package and kick rocks. Nice try though. In the meantime, if I have a friend who needs something to shoot or if I break a string or some such, I've got a really good back up and my kids will have a good bow to start with if they so choose.

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
I broke my left hand in four places a couple years ago so I bought a Horton Vision 175 and hunted with it last year. There is no way in hell I'd trade that bow for an accessory package! I'm back to shooting a compound, I bought a Hoyt Charger last spring, but unless they're planning on giving a fair trade-in, as in another seven hundred dollar bow, they can keep their package and kick rocks. Nice try though. In the meantime, if I have a friend who needs something to shoot or if I break a string or some such, I've got a really good back up and my kids will have a good bow to start with if they so choose.

+1 on that for sure...

Since you might not be able to find parts for your old Horton, and you definitely will be holding on to it for a back up.. I would definitely take it to archery shop and have them pull all the cables and strings off it so the tension is off the limbs and the cables and strings don't stretch. I snagged a sweet deal on a bunch of extra limbs and cables for my XS, and no it wasn't from these scammers wanting to make 800% markup.. Even though its only a 320fps bow, that is still plenty fast and robin hoods arrows 50% of the time. So im totally agreeing with you on the BS tenpoint just pulled.

buckstar25

T-county
My dad bought the Horton Fury, what a turd! He is shit out of luck with the bow, trade in on a new bow would be better since they put it to anyone who bought a Horton.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I've gotten two PMs and emails from people outside the site asking if they can buy all the Horton parts I have. What made them think I have Horton parts laying around is beyond me.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I had heard about the buy-back program but did not know the exact amount until this. To be honest, I am very disappointed in the Tenpoint Crossbow offer. Bad enough they screwed the Horton owners behind their back. Now they want to do it to their face and make it sound like a favor. Things like this is why I like my Parker Crossbows. Price, Quality and Customer Service Is Outstanding!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Agreed Rick.... Lousy offer in my opinion and would be better if they just took that package money off of he price of the bow..... TP is losing on this one.....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I would agree this package is NOT attractive. Maybe if I had an extremely tired and 20yr old HOrton crossbow. . . .AND they were offering the $435 in cold hard cash. . . the ridiculously overpriced Ten Point would look better. I dropped $350 on my son's used Horton Ultralight a couple years ago. The kids shot it yesterday and it was quite accurate. Pull it out and shoot it. Even a rusty 9yr old can be within 2" of his mark after a shooting layoff. For them to offer what they did was a joke. I highly doubt there is a huge difference between what we have and a $1200-1600 Tenpoint. I could be wrong. I am crossbow ignorant. Not so ignorant that I would come flocking to their offer though.

Treed

Stark County
1600 bucks for a crossbow? Does it get up in the morning and make my breakfast before we head out? Maybe it field dresses the deer it shoots, I dunno. For 1600 dollars it had damn well better do something that absolutely no other crossbow on the market can do....like drive me to my stand. I thought the seven hundred I dropped on my Horton was pretty high but that bow performed damn well for me last season and when I took it out to sight it in in the fall of this year so a friend could use it, it was still dead on and has since killed two deer this season in his hands. A guy can do a heck of a lot better than 1600.00 and still get a very reliable crossbow that will consistently get the job done. If I ever bought another crossbow again I'd make it a point NOT to buy a Ten Point. Seems like greed has overcome common sense up in Mogadore. This trade in offer is a slap in the face.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
1600 bucks for a crossbow? Does it get up in the morning and make my breakfast before we head out? Maybe it field dresses the deer it shoots, I dunno. For 1600 dollars it had damn well better do something that absolutely no other crossbow on the market can do....like drive me to my stand. I thought the seven hundred I dropped on my Horton was pretty high but that bow performed damn well for me last season and when I took it out to sight it in in the fall of this year so a friend could use it, it was still dead on and has since killed two deer this season in his hands. A guy can do a heck of a lot better than 1600.00 and still get a very reliable crossbow that will consistently get the job done. If I ever bought another crossbow again I'd make it a point NOT to buy a Ten Point. Seems like greed has overcome common sense up in Mogadore. This trade in offer is a slap in the face.

A $1600 AR-15 will hold its value 10x better than a crossbow

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I think it sucks so I'll keep my Hortons.
You can get a PSE TAC15 for around $1,200 and those are accurate to 100 yards.
[video=youtube;Gly3bafUhcU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gly3bafUhcU[/video]

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I'm guilty..... It's not a Tenpoint but I have 1650.00 in my Scorpyd. But that's just me and my preference. It don't fix my breakfast, but shooting it will arouse ya a bit.:smiley_clap:

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
Hey Jack and Hick, aren't you glad I brought this up.... lol....

As you both know, Tenpoint giving $436 worth of products when you buy a $1600 bow is crazy..

Talk about plain and simple screw anyone who would trade in a Horton.. To be honest if I didn't own a tenpoint now, I wouldn't even consider buying one no matter what they cost.
I don't think they appreciate Ohio hunters and the long history of us buying their crossbows..
I bought my 1st Tenpoint because of the lifetime warranty and they TOO are from Ohio... If I did it over I would of went with the Carbon Express, 1/3 the price.

That voucher is a joke..