Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Nikon Bolt XR 3X32 BDC 60

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Purchased this scope after reading up on it and had too replace the junk BSA red dot that turned into a solid red line back in November during an afternoon hunt when some doe came in at last light....

Had too pick up a set of scope rings and after looking around liked the versatility of the B Square Utility Rings as they offset for better eye relief plus it saved having too purchase a new base as well.....

Mounted the scope adjusted the eye relief and made sure it was level and then came the true test.... Brought the field tips as well as the broad heads and shot at 10 yards just too make sure it hit the target and it was close... Took it too 20 yards and it was dead on which surprised me as no adjustment was needed.... Took it too 30 and it was an inch too the right and made an adjustment and it was dead on.... Took it too 40 yards and it was an inch low and dead center.... Took it back too 20 yards and and was an inch high..... Gotta say I was pleasantly surprised at how accurate it was out of the box.... I wanted too take it too 50 yards but I don't shoot 50 so didn't want too try it lol.....

The next thing that stood out is the clarity of the scope it was extremely clear and the adjustment is smooth and easy.... Once you get it zeroed you can adjust the turret too zero on both wind age and elevation so you can keep a good reference point....

All in all it has been a fairly easy sight in and the quality of the scope so far is pretty darn good, I'm going too be hitting the deer stand some more before the season ends too try too fill my last tag so stay tuned for some more about this Nikon scope.....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389486837.472043.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389486859.491671.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389486891.978003.jpg

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Looks good to me J!

That was at 30 yards Mike and I don't shoot multiple arrows at a target since I switched too carbon arrows but if I did I would of ruined some of them.... They were cutting the holes at that distance and I got to say my confidence in this setup is at an all time high....

Thanks for the review!.I gotta agree on the no 'arrow groups'..I spend hard earned money on arrows that have been spine indexed and spine matched/sorted.No way I am shooting groups.

I have been contemplating this scope and a Hawke with speed ring Illuminated reticule in the same price range..Have you seen how well/accurate the Nikon spot on software is when using this scope..I am curious about that matching aspect of it..Out of curiosity can you give us some info on you bow and arrow setup?.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I guesstimated my arrow speed at 285 or just a shade under? Never had it checked.....

Setup is a ten point Titan TL (175 lb) and 20" ten point carbons with .125's in thunder head broad heads..... The website said 0 @ 20, 27 for the 30 yard and and 37 @ the 40 yard wasn't sure how close it would be not knowing the exact speed of the arrow but it was pretty dead on in my opinion but being only a scope used for 60 yards I'd have too say it wasn't something I was too worried about.... Now I'm looking at a replacement for my muzzle loader and for rifle/shotgun muzzle loader I'd say it would be more useful.....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well haven't hunted any since mounting the scope and getting it zeroed in..... Was hoping too but with the temps and more interested in chasing bunnies just haven't had the time..... So it's oiled up and stowed for another season all ready too go..... Looking forward too putting some bolts thru it next season......

If anyone's been looking for a scope I highly recommend this one so far it's been spot on but the true test will be in the field next season but for ease of getting zeroed in I'm very pleased so far.....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Nobody could argue with that J! What more can you say about a shot like that????? Awesome!

True Rick, if anyone's thinking of picking up a scope for their crossbow there's some real good deals going on if you look around.....