Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Grandson and college

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My oldest grandson just got a letter of intent for college. Not quite a full ride but close. He needs to raise his SAT by only 1 point for a full ride. New SAT test is on Feb. 8th.
The kid carries a 4.5 out of 4.0 possible. I kid him on slacking up because he took a study hall and didn't take advanced English or he would have had a 5.0 average. He didn't take after his dad or grandpa.

teej89

NE PA
that's awesome! Tell him to keep it up in college, that's the hard part. TOO many distractions but he seems like a smart kid, he'll do well.

What is he looking at studying?

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I forgot he put a application into Ohio State rifle shooting team. He got a good email back from the Rifle team head coach stating all positions are filled but if anyone drops off and go to another college he has a good chance.
The kid is a natural shooter and got his NRA Distingished Expert Rating when he turned 15.
He placed like 5th in the nation/international match out of over a 106 shooters in the WSU winter league and was 1st as a Youth. The little shit never practices and just picks up the rifle offhand and shoots great.
In the 2013 WSU league he shot a 12145 out of a possible 15000. Steve Garbe the National Champ shot a 12160 in the same league. How's that for a 16 yd. old? All shooting done offhand.
The kid makes me proud. When he got close to this Distingished Expert rating I gave him a Anschutz 54 Super Match rifle as a throphy. He deserved it.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You have every right to be proud. Best of luck to him. 1 point on the SAT shouldn't be too difficult to achieve. 1pt on the ACT would be a bit tougher.