Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New Years Resolution and how'd you do with last years?

teej89

NE PA
Reading Rics post in what's good TOO got me thinking about a new years resolution. I'm gonna brain storm today and post later but what do you guy have? And how'd you do with your resolution last year?

Mine last year was to become a lot more active in the outdoors than what I was in college. Also I wanted to land a job with a great engineering firm. I stumbled at first and ended up in Washington D.C. :smiley_blackeye: Definitely no outdoors in sight there but my interest was sparked in designing military buildings and US embassy's. After 6 months of that I realized there is a lot more to life than work. I started looking for jobs harrisburg to cincinatti and even some in illinois and iowa. Stumbled across Schaefer in Columbus and I grew up with annual hunting trips to Ohio real close to here and I knew it was meant to be. I knew no one out here but was the best decision I've ever made. Had a great hunting season this year, I love Ohio! and love my job. Oh man now I gotta top last years resolution, I'll touch base later.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I did succeed in my New Years Resolution last year. It came 27 days later but I did make it. I quit smoking on Jan 28 @ 10:00pm and have not had one since.
This years resolution is achievable, but I'm still dragging my feet a little.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I did well on my main resolution and that was to stop smoking. I haven't bought smoked since February and have only had a packs worth all year. The good news is I can still enjoy a smoke and not feel the need to go buy some.

My other two resolutions were to make better financial decisions and have my strongest year as a professional. We suffered some major financial strains this year replacing out HVAC, fridge, and putting $2K unexpected dollars in my wife's SUV. Thankfully it didn't set us back, just prevented growth. I did have a great year at work and it was something I really needed.

This year my main goal is to lose 30 pounds by bow season. I have some major lifestyle changes planned and will be implementing them next week. I hope 2014 is the best year yet!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Besides dropping my dip habit I'm going to try and lose 15-20 pounds before summer vacay. I'm around 205 right now and hope to be around 190 plus or minus a few pounds by then.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I did succeed in my New Years Resolution last year. It came 27 days later but I did make it. I quit smoking on Jan 28 @ 10:00pm and have not had one since.
This years resolution is achievable, but I'm still dragging my feet a little.

I'm rooting for you Rick! I'd hate to see you go blind.........rotflmao

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I don't do New Year Resolutions per se.

However, I am disgustingly shocked at how much strength I lose as I get older. Many, many years ago, I used to work out with various weights and I plan to get back to that soon.

I can't turn back the clock on aging, but I don't have to allow myself to become frail, either.

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
My resolution for last year was met which was to get back into the woods and be hunting by bow season opening and I was, albeit not in a treestand but I was in the woods and shot a decent buck

My resolution for this year is not to have anymore body parts removed or replaced and to be less medically oriented. Working on that and hope it continues that way!

teej89

NE PA
So I've been thinking bout my resolution for next year and it may sound a bit corny but I want to read the bible this year, I've never read it cover to cover. Also I need to start going to church a lil more often. Growing up, and even now my mom was always dragging our tired butts outta bed. Saying my house my rules and we went. Now that I'm out of the house I've definitely been slacking lately.

My second goal is to finish a triathalon with my older sis. We were signed up for one this spring but she tore all the ligaments in her ankle from soccer. Her ankles were all kinda screwed up from when she played D1 ball back in college.

Lastly is to start meeting people in the Columbus area and getting some roots here.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I like the bible idea, I havent done that yet myself.

Doing a triathalon would be fun. I never make resolutions, seems like I never stick to em. I just try to be the best man I can be for my family and go from there.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
4 years ago I made the resolution to never make New Years resolutions. I'm doing pretty damn good.