Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gallia County Sheriff receives anonymous letter admitting to deer hunter shooting

Gordo

Athens County
Man... Thats tough to swallow. A letter? Strange strange strange.

If it is some random joe, that guy needs to man up. In the long run doing so will probably save his life

teej89

NE PA
that's terrible.... The call to his wife was tough to imagine.

What coulda happened? I doubt it was a stray bullet, think maybe it was the guy was looking at the other guy thru his scope and the gun went off? Or he just felt like shooting at someone? Any way you spin it, it makes no sense at all.

From the letter I bet it was someone younger due to the "texting like" spelling and the handwriting.

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
They say confession is good for the soul. I thing the shooter will only find their peace by coming forward and tell the family what happened! As all have said, very sad!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Wow! Like others have said, very very sad! What a burden to bear! Hope they do they right thing and come forward so the victims family can have closure. SAD!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Heartbreaking . Obviously whomever accidently killed him is in turmoil. Without knowing the circumstances its tough to pass judgement . But whomever it is better come forward to provide closure for the family. If they don't come forward their conscious is going to kill them , or cause them to kill themselves

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Such a sad thing to happen.

You just never know...It could happen to anyone. Even if you do everything right.

DeadOn

Extremely sad story to hear. Very emotional and my prayers of support and comfort go out to this family.

As the story says, a note does not cut it as far as coming forward. Much less for confession and forgiveness. You cannot take the life of a father, husband, a son....and say I'm sorry only in a letter. Come forward. Only then can the closure even begin.

I'm very sad for the family.