Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Florida Hog Hunt

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
I'm headed to Florida in February to bring my parents a load of stuff for their new house. I'm thinking of bringing my bow along and going on a 1 day hog hunt. I'll be able to hunt one day, maybe two tops so I'm going to use an outfitter. My research online tells me no license is required and there is no closed season if you hunt private land which most outfitters do. I'm looking at using West Shore Outfitters near Deland. Anybody ever use this outfitter or ever hunt hogs in Florida? Any info would be appreciated.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
You need to shoot 1hornwilly a pm. That is right in his neck of the woods. I am sure he could point you in the right direction.

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
I just went in a hog hunt a couple weeks ago with an outfitter near there and they were awesome. I did a half day hunt and they made certain I got a pig. I will post the link on this thread.

www.westshoreoutfitters.com

These dudes are the real deal. You show up, they put you on pigs, you shoot them and then they quarter them and send you on your way. No frills, but if you really want to kill a pig you will have a shot. When I went a couple weeks ago we had 4 in our party. We all 4 got hogs. 99% success rate according to the website and after hunting it, I believe it. It's probably a 25 minute drive from deland. $200 bucks per person.

The only thing I forget is the awesome guide dudes name.

Lemme know if I can help.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I just went in a hog hunt a couple weeks ago with an outfitter near there and they were awesome. I did a half day hunt and they made certain I got a pig. I will post the link on this thread.

These dudes are the real deal. You show up, they put you on pigs, you shoot them and then they quarter them and send you on your way. No frills, but if you really want to kill a pig you will have a shot. When I went a couple weeks ago we had 4 in our party. We all 4 got hogs. 99% success rate according to the website and after hunting it, I believe it. It's probably a 25 minute drive from deland. $200 bucks per person.

Florida is the destination for summer of 2015. May need to bring the bow and drag you along ;)

Pigs in June and elk in September! Sounds like fun.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Ha. I just realized that's who you said. I ain't so quick... Yeah, go there. Hahahaha.

BTW, Beener you better bring a thermacell or you will want to jump out of your stand.

Great info. Thanks!. I'll definitely book with them. How is a the hog meat by the way? Any good?

Huckleberry Finn

According to Badger the wild hog meat is awesome stuff.

I had some of Badger's javelina before, it was worth the drive...even if I had to meet Buckmaster for the first time...anyways, although Badger can make a groundhog taste good, the javelina was excellent!

Dang, that was years ago!

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire

I booked a one day hunt with West Shore Outfitters. I'll be going late next month. I'm looking forward to it. Our archery season ended here a month ago so I'm itching to do some hunting. Any tips you can give me 1hornwilly?

Griz

NH
I see you booked that hunt. Thats great, now bring some pork home to NH. Don't forget to take some pics, so we can see.

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
I booked a one day hunt with West Shore Outfitters. I'll be going late next month. I'm looking forward to it. Our archery season ended here a month ago so I'm itching to do some hunting. Any tips you can give me 1hornwilly?

Yep! Just show up and be ready to shoot 30 yards and you are golden:) the cool thing is if you do a morning hunt and you don't have one down by about 9am they will drag you all over the swamp to stalk one. Bring some waterproof boots that are over the calf if you got em. Some rubber boots would be perfect. No need for insulation. Shouldn't be colder than about 60 degrees. Oh, and bring a thermacell. Florida ain't kind to hunters that don't have one!

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Yep! Just show up and be ready to shoot 30 yards and you are golden:) the cool thing is if you do a morning hunt and you don't have one down by about 9am they will drag you all over the swamp to stalk one. Bring some waterproof boots that are over the calf if you got em. Some rubber boots would be perfect. No need for insulation. Shouldn't be colder than about 60 degrees. Oh, and bring a thermacell. Florida ain't kind to hunters that don't have one!

Thanks for the info. Will definitely bring my thermacell.