Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bowtech just bought Excalibur

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
It's coming down too a handful of companies owning all the names out there..... Don't know if it's a good thing or not.... Who owns Bowtech????

Milo

Tatonka guide.
It's coming down too a handful of companies owning all the names out there..... Don't know if it's a good thing or not.... Who owns Bowtech????
savage...and bowtech is already in the crossbow business but of course not doing that well at it.

DXT

Huge corporations are not good. They drive competition out then raise prices and quality goes down plus lose of jobs for the little guy.

savage...and bowtech is already in the crossbow business but of course not doing that well at it.

I have one with about 500 shots on it with almost zero problems .Ok I should say about 500 shots on the strings,cable,limbs and pockets.The stock,rail etc was not new.. I picked up a reconditioned Strikezone380 with full warranty for about 40% off new price .They changed the string/cable specs on the 2nd gen Strikezone bows as well as the reconditioned ones.This is SUPPOSED to limit the number of limb issue's,but it also drops the factory speed rating 7-10FPS-ish.Some speculation has been made that some of these issues are due to folks not doing a break-in period with the bow(100-200 shots) before leaving it cocked for extended periods of time.Reports say the bows had a failure rate of 10% or so,and it happened to more Sz380s than it did Sz350s.Personally I like the SZ350.Its slightly slower,but plenty fast,is quieter an seems to have less issues..

They are not the only crossbow company with these issues(limbs an lacking cust service).

The issues with bowtech/stryker customer service baffles me.Take a store like Buckeye outdoors they claim to have all kinds of delays with the company when its comes to Cust service.But I know a few smaller dealers who have very little problems when dealing with the company.We will find out All that being said the 2014 Stryker introduced at ATA show is said to have different limbs and a few other things added.One model is a 350fps and the other is a 390fps is they used the same arrow weight for speed as last time that is with around a 385grain or so arrow

It handles great,its compact and fits me great, its pretty fast(450grains going 349fps) and quiet(for a Xbow),Has a amazing trigger pull with no creep and same hole accuracy off a bench at 40yrds with field tips(about 1.5in groups standing no rest with Slick trick mags).

Last edited:
Okay, who owns Savage? And so it goes.... That is unless Savage is a stand alone owner....

It is a group called ATK unless that has changed , they also own ammunition brands including Federal Premium, CCI, Fusion, Speer, Estate Cartridge and Blazer. And firearms accessories brands including Blackhawk!, Alliant Power, RCBS, Champion targets and shooting equipment, Gunslick Pro and Outers gun-care products, and Weaver optics and mounting systems and who knows what else.