Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Don't Fall On Ice Anymore.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I posted these pictures on the "Rain" thread and thought I would start this thread in hopes more would see it and hopefully save some TOO'zers from a nasty spill / fall.

As most of you know I work on a drilling rig. Winter months can be harsh, cold and dangerous with cold temperatures and ice.
The pad can get very slick and icy at times and falls happen. I took one a couple weeks ago and have had so many slips and near falls I can't count them all already this winter.

My fiancé's brothers family asked for some Christmas gift ideas and I gave them one and was lucky enough to receive it. These babies have a rubber pc that slips over toe and heel of boots, shoes, waders or what ever you are wearing on your feet and has coils that are on the bottom of your soles.

I got back to the rig, slipped them on in seconds and have not ONCE even came close to a slip, slide, or fall!!! Some of the guys on the rig are going to purchase them as well.

Only funny thing is the guys kid me because they can see every where I walk with the coil imprints. I tell em those are Turkey tracks. mischeif.gif

Hope this is good information and it saves yens from a slip, fall, or something more serious.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
These look exactly like the ones my Mom bought for me, after I took a nasty fall about 4 years ago.

They are worth their weight in gold. I wear them all over my property.

I'm not sure where she purchased them from, but it was mail order, off of a TV show or something. Best gift I have ever received!

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Nice heads up Jeff! Thanks for the info! Do you know where they got them off hand?

I am not sure but I can ask. I would think Gander Mountain, Cabalas, Dicks or most Outdoor stores would carry them.

I swear I will always have these during the winter months here on the Rig and am going to try them out in the river as well.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Amazon or Ebay? Google it? I am sure they could be found easily enough. I always thought they looked like a good idea. Never sure if they worked or not. Thanks for the suggestion Jeff.

Buckmaster

Portage
I think they are called Yak Trax. My mother in law had a pair since she had walking issues from her brain tumor. They work as described.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
These look like the same ones I use for ice fishing. They are definitely a must-have when out on the ice.

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
LOL, my boots are over years old and I wear the hell out them here on the Rig. No need for tread when you have these on, besides "tread" does not help on ice, just ask all the rough necks. :smiley_depressive: