Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Who's hunting Monday and Tuesday?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I will be out in the morning. Will be walking and checking the wind breaks and see if anything is bedded down out of the wind to plug a hole in lol.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I might just take a walk in the morning as well, I'm going to sit in the evening along a freshly trimmed gas line that runs by a cut corn field.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Should be good for a stalk and checking places where the wind is blocked. Field edges should be killer in the evening as long as the wind isn't too bad. Most of the deer I have seen in the last week while driving for work have been in cut bean fields in the late afternoons/evenings feeding.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Man it was crazy how the line of rain and snow was so distinct. We got hammered in Wood Co. Level 3 here too.
I was out at 3-4:30 yesterday in Wood Co. and it appeared the deer moved north about an hour or so after I got there. The heavy snow started about then. I followed the herd's fresh track all the way through the property. That drive home was crazy.
Not sure about this evening. 30 MPH winds and -34 windchills in Williams CO. at 4 pm. If I keep moving, I know I can stay warm.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Heading out here in a few too pick up Sam.... Horizontal snow...... We'll see what happens today lol.... Dress for success lol....

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I am going to go check the trapline and call it a day. Blind will not hold with this wind and since it is fairly flat there is no hills to hide behind lmao. It is showing -23 with windchill right now so this will be a short quick check lol.

Good luck to you fellas hitting it today. Be careful and watch the appendages for frostbite and keep an eye on mental status for hypothermia fellas. Also remember if you can't touch your index finger to your thumb and make the OK sign then you are way too cold and need to get in out of the weather and warm up. If you can't make that sign you can't make a fire.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
We cancelled.... I guess getting older does bring on some common sense :smiley_chinrub:

I'm hoping my scope for my crossbow comes today and I'll get it installed and shoot this Friday and be back in the stand next week...... Want too fill this lonely last tag before it runs out..... Plus a buddy of mine is zero balance on deer meat.....

Last edited: