Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Food Saver

DXT

I have a 3820 and has worked great for me. I've had it 3 years and it's done a great deal of sealing.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I use whatever one my dad bought almost ten years ago. He and my mom didn't use it for years and when they heard I was going to buy one they gave me theirs. Its a very basic one and works fine.

Griz

NH
I use a V2440. Its been working great for the last five yrs. I do a couple of deer a yr and some other meat TOO. The only thing I don't like is the expence of the bags, and rolls. Thats were Food Saver makes there money.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I wish we could afford that right now.

i know this is an issue BUT you will buy one later and wish you had gotten one sooner so the unit will end up costing you more in the long run. its a worthwhile investment. hell i will just send you my food saver to use until you get enough to get a good unit.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
i know this is an issue BUT you will buy one later and wish you had gotten one sooner so the unit will end up costing you more in the long run. its a worthwhile investment. hell i will just send you my food saver to use until you get enough to get a good unit.

I appreciate that Milo. My parents have a foodsaver I could use if I get another deer. I just talked to the ol lady and we plan on getting that model before next season, ya get what ya pay for and I'd rather spend the extra coin and get something I know will last.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Do you have the Weston pro stainless model?

yeah i think ours came out of cleveland. the difference between it and the food savers are the seals.. the food saver only puts a 1/16th of an inch seal on and this unit is like 1/4 inch. the seal will fail a lot on the food saver is what i have found. i believe ours is the 2300

Last edited:

DXT

Here is a good place to order sealer bags. I use them all the time work great and are cheaper than food saver brand.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I get my bags off of ebay. I get 400 at a time and their much cheaper than store bought.

I have the Foodsaver 3880 and it's on it's second year. Gets a good bit of use for Deer and Pork Loins. When it dies, I am definitely having the vacumpak one co-signed by Milo..... I hear Real Good Things about it and the warranty/customer service.