Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Rain

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It's after 4:00PM and it's been raining since early morning. Raining hard now for a while.
Man when this freezes tonight it's going to be bad out.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Stuck here at the Rig, I'm not going any where except falling on my azz walking across the pad! :smiley_blackeye:

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Stuck here at the Rig, I'm not going any where except falling on my azz walking across the pad! :smiley_blackeye:

They life-flighted a guy from my pad 2 weeks back because he slipped on the ice, feet went out from under and he landed on his head... Hard hat didn't save him from a bad skull injury. Unsure what his current status is...
Be careful. Your old now and don't bounce as well as you use to.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
They life-flighted a guy from my pad 2 weeks back because he slipped on the ice, feet went out from under and he landed on his head... Hard hat didn't save him from a bad skull injury. Unsure what his current status is...
Be careful. Your old now and don't bounce as well as you use to.

Not that he ever bounced very good in the first place hahaha....

Be careful guys.... Going too be getting nasty the next few days....

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I heard they kept him in the hospital for observation for a couple days and was released.

I got from Laura's brothers family for Christmas these slip on chains that cover the sole / heal of our steel toed boots. I actually have been wearing them and they are awesome!!!!! I took one fall and honestly had around 80+ slips near falls. Since I have been wearing these I have not had even one slip!!! Some of the guys here on the rig are going to get some. Going to wear them on my wadders when I hit the river as well to keep from slipping on the "greasy shale bottom". :smiley_bril:

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I got from Laura's brothers family for Christmas these slip on chains that cover the sole / heal of our steel toed boots. I actually have been wearing them and they are awesome!!!!!

I have something similar and love them! They are rubber all around so they will fit most any size shoe/boot, then have spring coils that cut through snow and icy spots. I don't go outside w/o them.

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I have something similar and love them! They are rubber all around so they will fit most any size shoe/boot, then have spring coils that cut through snow and icy spots. I don't go outside w/o them.

Actually those are what I have. I mis-spoke stating chains although I have seen ones with chains. I may take a picture of them and post it later.