Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Best Xmas Present.

I think I recently received the best Christmas present anyone involved in bow hunting or archery could ask for. The present I received was not a new bow, arrows or newest sight. The present I am talking about is passing on the love of the sport on to a loved one who now enjoys it as much as you do. I started taking my fiancée Jessie shooting when we first started dating almost 4 years ago. I got her a bow for Christmas and I can say without a doubt that this is the first present I have given her that means as much as it does to me as it does to her. She had been shooting my old 1997 Hoyt Mystic Rebel which did not fit her very well. She had been bothering me for a new bow for over a year now but I had been a little nervous that she might not stick with it. I took her to the archery shop were I shoot indoor league. The bow tech at this shop is very competent. He is also one of two people I have work my bows besides myself. He setup a Mathews Jewel, Bowtech Carbon Rose, Bowtech Heartbreaker, and a used Hoyt Vixcen. She decided after lots of shooting that the Vixcen fit her the best. He also gave me a 20 percent discount on a dozen Gold tip XT Pro hunters 500 spine arrows. I set the bow up with a ripcord C.R. rest and Sword Apex 3rd plane sight. I had planned other things for us to do besides shoot while she was in Washington, but that is what she wanted to do. I am very happy to shared this memory with her.

Here are a few pictures of when she first started shooting.

These are pictures of her Vixcen and shooting from this week.

This is a video.

http://s1003.photobucket.com/user/ArcherTL/media/20131230_121526.mp4.html

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Very very cool Christmas gift Tom! You are excited no doubt! It's great she's showing a lot of interest in shooting and she's blessed to have someone like you to help her along the way. Thanks for sharing! If that bow shoots as great as it looks she'll be tearing up those X's in no time! Congrats!