Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Movement prediction?

teej89

NE PA
Whatcha guys thinking about movement for this weekend, saturday and sunday? Getting snow tomorrow, cold Friday then low 40s Saturday and Sunday with rain on Sunday then single digit temps Monday and Tuesday.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Mid 30's here Saturday and Sunday. I hunted this past Sunday evening when it was almost 40, had 5 doe and a 4 point come through at 4:45.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I suspect I will get up and pee when I need to then slide back into bed. I have a long 24-36hrs ahead of me.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
They'll be moving IMO. Mid-20s is gonna feel balmy compared to this single digit shit. They'll be on their feet this weekend.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
If a deer comes through the gunshow and causes damage I might have to do it in.
Good luck guys and be safe made warm.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
A good tip on staying warm in this cold weather.
In 1975 I'm hunting in PA. It was too damn cold to be out but we were. The wind was blowing and I'm up in a tree stand. I started shaking so bad I got down and stood on the ground stamping me feet and flaying my arms to warm up. And 2 bucks walked by at about 50 yds. There was nothing I could.
I got warmed up and sat on a stump and I'll be damn those 2 bucks didn't walk by again. I stood up and leaned on a tree and shot the biggest with a .308. He kicks up his back legs and runs about 100 yds. and stands there so I shot him again and dropped it.
Now the warm tip. I ran down to him and grabbed my knife and I slit his chest cavity open. I rolled up my sleeves and stuck both arms into the cavity. Damn that felt good and warm. I'm starting to stop shaking and really feeling better.
Then from behind me I hear a voice "what are you doing"? There stands a guy and a teenage son. I told them I was so cold it was the only way I knew how to warm up.
They said the watched me shoot the deer 2 times then ran like a mad man to the deer and climb inside.
The locals are still laughing at the story to this day. But what the hell I lived and not sure I would have if I didn't.
So there you guys go the life saving tip of the day or year.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Funny story Frank. I can picture it.

Deer gonna be moving around here. Sunday we have 6-10" snow coming in. Going to be followed by highs on Monday of -15. 15mph winds. Real feel throughout the day -32 to -39 predicted. All you guys who have been feeding corn are going to see deer I suspect. If you are dumb enough to hunt those temps I suppose you deserve a bruiser of a buck. I am making preparations for Hank to get him out of the weather and into the shop. Too cold to leave animals outside, then it is too cold for me to hunt.