Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Scentsmoker and yotes

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
My .02 worth says ya go for it.... I've always thought that would have too be in my yote hunting arsenal as well as deer hunting... Works great for one why wouldn't it for the other????

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I've had yotes walk within 20 yds of me, downwind while on the ground bow hunting. I wasn't busted by that one until I tried to draw. Two years ago I took a .243 to the treestand the day after I filled my buck tag in an attempt to kill a yote. One crossed a field 150 yards downwind of me, and turned inside out when it hit my scent stream. I missed the running shot. I'd use it.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I meant to add that I didn't smoke up when I took the rifle...laziness cost me that yote.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I will take every advantage I can get. Coyotes have their own level of alertness unlike any other animal I have hunted. My personal opinion is the smoke would be a benefit for the same reasons it is a benefit while deer hunting.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Thanks Brock, and yes I'll take every advantage I can get and definitely don't mind the smell. However I was concerned about a yote thinking that it was an odd smell rather than a nonalarming smell. I figured some of you bowhunters had experiences with yotes with/without smoke and could help a guy out.