Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Electric Start

Mao

Coshocton, OH
This may not be the right place to post this, but I am looking for some help. I have a 40/30 Yamaha Jet that I want to put electric start in. I was quoted by one place that seemed really high to me. I would like to buy the needed parts online cheaper and pay someone to do do it as a side job. The boat is already set up for electric start. It already has the push button start and some other required wires. Anyone know of somebody that could do this? Any suggestions? I am limited on Yamaha dealers in my area. I want to get it done as soon as possible. I would be willing to drive a reasonable distance as well. Thanks.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Any dealer could do this, doesn't have too be a yami dealer.... Should also be someone around who cod figure it out as well.... Every mount position should be there drilled and possibly tapped and if you could find a like model and it has electric start that you could look at for an example.....

Milo

Tatonka guide.
is the starter installed or just the button with wires? you could probably due it yourself more than likely

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I will try and find out about our new mechanic. I have not met him yet...He is around you somewhere (we just bought the Carter Lumber yard). Some of our mechanic's like making a few dollars on the side. The one in Columbus used to work on boats as well.....I just called him and left a message. He is in Coshocton fairly often and has a hitch.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'd say a setup like that could be done by dang near anyone with a little bit of mechanic experience... Not just a boat dealer. I'm with Milo. You could probably do it yourself Mao. Bolt her up, connect your wires... Wah lah.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
My mechanic buddy said it should be fairly easy but wouldn't guarantee it without actually looking at it. Said main thing is battery wires needed enough slack to move back and forth. He said parts books or internet should have info about location of starter.