Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Cajuns Buck

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
My buddy clint who has let me hunt his M.I.L. Property for sometime now told his uncle to come down and give it a shot for gun season. I was pretty pumped about it cause I was hoping that if he connected it would help my chances of trading a gator hunt for the summer.

Today was his last day and they bullets were raining this morning. He said Deer were running all over the place. 99% of the deer he saw this morning were going full bore to the safe zone.

I couldn't believe his luck, he plopped his ol Wal Mart Blind right on this trail that over looked the start of the holler and this ridge that was behind him. Pretty much 3 intersecting trails all ended right by his blind. Really good spot. We have 3 sets hung on each of those trails about 40-50 yds away from where he was sitting.

This buck walked right past my hang on, snuck up over the ridge, and was not 20 yds away from Lloyd. this boy stopped and was head boobin trying to figure out what this blind was doing sitting in the middle of the trail. He took off and Lloyd had to actually half step out of the blind to shoot him. He was quartered away and ended up shooting him throug the hing quarters and up into the body cavity. The buck ran maybe 40yds before he expired. Boy was he excited, my dad was about 150 yds away and heard him hootin and hollerin.

Iam glad he got a chance to shoot a buck, and that he had a good time. He is the type of guy that if he didn't shoot one he would have still been happy just to be out there.

On with the pictures...

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Neat deer...Them LA guys are a hoot. Where ya goin if ya get to go down. I have a buncha gator tags available to me for the LA sept season if I can find time to make it down. I was gonna go down this past sept for a few days to teal hunt and gator hunt but just couldn't find the time. Maybe next yr...I know there are plenty of gator down there if ya ain't choosy...Tough finding one over 10 ft but they are there for sure.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
We are going down in August late season ( I believe thats what the regs said)..I kinda have an idea of the inlet he has his cabin in, but if you seen swamp people. The guy with the crazy son is his neighbor by way of swamp...

His one buddy guides and usually has a bunch of nuesance tags available. Its going to be about as primitive as you can get and a good time.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good looking deer. Congrats to Lloyd.

Dumbass that put the metal tag on could have put it on the base. That shit pisses me off. :smiley_boos:

Me too, dude. That's probably my biggest deer hunting pet peeve!

Congrats to your buddy on a nice Ohio buck!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
We are going down in August late season ( I believe thats what the regs said)..I kinda have an idea of the inlet he has his cabin in, but if you seen swamp people. The guy with the crazy son is his neighbor by way of swamp...

His one buddy guides and usually has a bunch of nuesance tags available. Its going to be about as primitive as you can get and a good time.
Cool..Good luck when you go. make sure and get out after some reds, flunder , and heads while you are down there...LA truely is a sportsmans paradise. The people down there make use of the land and know somethin else usually hasta die for you to eat....I love that place. We are prob goin down in late june to venice and the goin back down in sept for gator season near Delacroix.