Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

ML season

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It looks like I'll be hosting my brother for ML season. He's been having some serious health problems and thank God it appears they have it under control.
I'll let him use my smokeless ML. It's about 80 yds. from my tower to where the deer are feeding in my winter oats plot.
Going to be a fun couple days. Ill take him down to the tower in my golf cart and hell it'll be a easy hunt for me to. It'll be a comfortable stay in my heated tower. I don't need another deer but just hoping I can get him one.

Huckleberry Finn

Sounds like a fine time!

Not sure on the specifics (I never am), but I imagine that I'll sit with the smokepole for the first half of the day on pressured ground and then sit over food with the bow the second half.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good luck to all who ML that week. I was upset when I seen Ohio moved the ML season up several days. I have to do the Lima gunshow that weekend and only be home Monday and Tuesday. But it still will be a fun time.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I will be out all weekend. If they show up great, if not no biggie. I havent even put any bait out. I am hoping they got interested in my food plot finally.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I'll be out Saturday with the wife and some family and Friends hopefully will be cut some up on for Sunday

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Bummer but my brother is down with his health problems again. I was looking forward to going out with him hunting next week. I wasn't even going to take a ML rifle along. Well maybe.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Sorry to hear that MK111. Hope he gets better soon.
I plan on hunting with my SIL and hunting buddies on Saturday. We should have about 10 of us to do some pushes on our lease.

twireman

Kingston, OH
Ill be out saturday mormning at my inlaws. My FIL and wifes uncle will be out as well. Should be a great morning even if nothing falls.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Sorry too hear about your brother Frank.... Drop a deer for him and take a pictures so he can enjoy the experience regardless if he's there or not.... I imagine he could use he meat....

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks guys. No one in his family will eat the deer. He just enjoys the hunting. Next year.
His health is more important. Our whole family has heart problems and at 64 his is just starting and it's bad. My older brother who just turned 75 is the oldest male in our family tree going back 200 yrs.
I plan on beating that record by a large number.

I even went to my lookout tonight at 5:45PM and there's a nice large buck in the forage oats food plot less than a 100 yds. from my tower.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Thanks guys. No one in his family will eat the deer. He just enjoys the hunting. Next year.
His health is more important. Our whole family has heart problems and at 64 his is just starting and it's bad. My older brother who just turned 75 is the oldest male in our family tree going back 200 yrs.
I plan on beating that record by a large number.

I even went to my lookout tonight at 5:45PM and there's a nice large buck in the forage oats food plot less than a 100 yds. from my tower.

Do you have any grandkids TOO take?

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Do you have any grandkids TOO take?

Two grandsons 16 & 18 who I've taken both out in the past and they both got 2 deer each with old grandpa.
Their old enough to help at the gunshows now and they enjoy the extra cash. Both want a buck only. Maybe after school for couple hours. We'll see. That was fun. Neither has taken one with a ML and a smokeless ML to boot. The oldest took a nice buck with my 44 mag. handgun.