Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tipping a trap boy

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Just curious what you guys usually do? Please specific if SC, skeet, or trap and how many clays/rounds. I know it depends on type of club (prestige), and cost to shoot, but just curious.

The last few years when shooting a 100 clay round at either WR or Brier Oak ($30-$37 per 100), I push $5-$10 per shooter in the group depending on the kids/guys attitude, willingness to show birds, and how engaged he is. Most guys are cool with it, but it is always a question that comes up when walking back to the truck and I don't like pissing ppl off so I start with "whatever you want, but here is what I am doing".

I'm shooting with 3 guys I do not know, and 1 ex-coworker tomorrow morning at Brier Oak. The trap guy is a good buddy of mine, but he won't share any insight lol. I will share what I see, but let's hear your thoughts.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I tip according to the service. I don't believe I owe a large tip to be served badly just because it's the thing to do. Just saying.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
$5-10 is what I usually do, depending on the quality of service. Most places I shoot anymore have gone to some type of automatic trap so it's not much of an issue.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
We usually tip 5-10 bucks each when we shoot at WR. The kids working there are always friendly and helpful. It's always a great time there so I dont mind throwing extra money to them. No one in our group ever seems to mind... It's generally expected from the start.