Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What should I do?

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I was awoken from a nap last evening by my girlfriend. She told me there was an animal outside dragging something metal behind it. I figured it was a foot trap. I saw the animal, tried to catch it but it got away. It left the trap behind with what looks to be a red fox foot broken off in it. The trap has the name and address on it. I was told by a friend that the kid who is trapping had the WO called on him last week because he had a dead deer, someone dead dog, and a live crow in his traps and he had not checked them in two weeks. These people are as low class as they come and I've ran into them a few times while out hunting.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'll do that tomorrow. I feel bad for the fox, I planned on putting it out of his misery and putting some cash in my pocket if I caught it. Now thanks to that asshole there's a 3 footed fox running around suffering. And I still have the foot.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Report the Douche Canoe!! He is was gives trappers and outdoorsmen a bad name.

Hate to be a rat, but if this is repetitive behavior then it is only going to continue. You say "kid." Makes me feel bad because he may be out there trying and completely self taught. You hate to ruin the drive and desire of a kid, but you don't want them doing this the wrong way the next 20-30-40 years the wrong way either.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Hate to be a rat, but if this is repetitive behavior then it is only going to continue. You say "kid." Makes me feel bad because he may be out there trying and completely self taught. You hate to ruin the drive and desire of a kid, but you don't want them doing this the wrong way the next 20-30-40 years the wrong way either.

I've ran into his dad a few times, he's a douche canoe. He's the one who taught him not to give a shit. And the WO is on vacation til Jan. 3rd. I'm going to leave a message and freeze the foot.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
There ya go. Monkey see, monkey do. Sounds like the dad needs to be fined for stupidity and lack of respect.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I just left the WO a message. I don't think the sheriff would do anything. In the message I told him that I'd like him to come get the trap and the foot and return them.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'm pretty sure he'll stop by since I told him where I live in the message. Maybe He'll put 2 and 2 together and realize that he was just around my area last week for a trapping violation.