Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Need some Idea's dudes

Gordo

Athens County
Well this year my wonderful family decided that everyone had to 'make' one thing for our annual gift exchange.

I was supposed to go into the hot shop(glass blowing) with my buddy and assist him on making a vase, but that just fell through(that ass clown!).

So now i'm pushed for time and scrambling my brain for ideas. It can be ANYTHING. I just dont want it to be a total POS.

Keep them coming boys. Old Gordo Needs Bailed out

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Are you sure you wanted to be the one in your family known to be good at blowing things?

Anyway......
How about making some of the Apple or peach pie that we had at Strouds? I can share my Apple pie recipe with you....you would need to get some everclear or 'shine though.

Gordo

Athens County
I should have wacked a doe already and I could make a nice old batch of jerky...

Could have, would have....

I do come from a family of heavy drinkers and have plenty of access to shine

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Go out in the woods, find a nice straight young tree ( like a 3'' - 4'' dia. ), cut it so it is about 5' - 5'.5'' tall put some "tri pod" kind of legs on the base. At the top drill some holes, glue in some wooden dowel rods and Walla ya have a cool looking coat rack. :smiley_bril:

This one has a simple base to it and it sells for $450.00 at Cabela's!!!! Crazy!!!

Last edited:

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Go out in the woods, find a nice straight young tree ( like a 3'' - 4'' dia. ), cut it so it is about 5' - 5'.5'' tall put some "tri pod" kind of legs on the base. At the top drill some holes, glue in some wooden dowel rods and Walla ya have a cool looking coat rack. :smiley_bril:

This one has a simple base to it and it sells for $450.00 at Cabela's!!!! Crazy!!!

LOL but really it's a great idea. Not sure how it will fit in with the blown glass crowd.
The wife and I just went with cash about 5 yrs. ago. That way everyone can get what they really want or need. But the idea really doesn't go over well with some relatives as some think it takes away from the personal gift giving. But I really don't much care.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Now all bets are off if you are in a group who thinks they are more important than they really are. I don't think our practical and simple ideas are of help.
Now that's not saying we are simple minded. But--- I've got to think on this one for a while. Later.

Gordo

Athens County
My family cut back to a 'gift exchange' a couple years back. It was getting ridiculous with people buying things that others really didnt need/want.

At thanksgiving everyone would pick a name out of a hat. Whoevers name u pulled u where shopping for. $30 max.

This year no name pick, but u must take one gift that u made.

Coat hangers great idea. I was thinkim of doing something with natural wood.

"glass blowing crowd'. lol. That honestly made me laugh. Where a bunch of Polachs.

Gordo

Athens County
Well i cracked open a cold beer, turned on my 'hippy' music', and waa-laa! I have the start.

Not sure where im going from herer. Might get some sand, an appropriate pot/container/etc. and bury the bases in the sand.

Or......

We'll see

Any suggestions would be cool to hear.

I really hope someone from the glass blowing crowd wants to take it home with them. lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387693601.954624.jpg

Last edited: