Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Youth compound bows

Gordo

Athens County
A topic i know nothing about, but im trying to help my buddy out.

He has a 13 year old son and is looking to find him a bow he can hunt with.

Once i get your guys opinions i'll do some lookin for something used in his price range($2-300)).

Any info would be appreciatted.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
First bow I would look at is the Razors Edge. Lots of range with that bow in both draw length and weight.

I will second that one. I picked one up for the wife and kids. Hoping it fits the bill until they are ready for the next setup or until I accept the fact they don't want to use it. Crossing my fingers for a future upgrade. Can't make them like archery though. Either they like it or not.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Gordo, I bought the wife a Diamond Razor Edge, and it is an awesome little bow. Don't care for the accessory package that comes with it, or the stock string and cables, but the bow itself is a shooter. I would suggest checking them out. New they are definitely in your price range.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I bought Kody, who is also 13, the PSE Rally. It grows with the shooter. Ranges from 20-70 lbs with easy adjustments in the cams. No limb adjustments needed.

I'm not saying it's the best, but Kody likes it and it shoots well. I'm pleased with it.

Look it up on YouTube.

bowieoutdoors

*Supporting member*
I may have one for sale in the near future. Bought it for the gf and she wasn't able to draw it and has made no effort to get stronger. Does me no good hanging on the wall. I added after market string/cables and have half a dozen Easton Epic Jr arrows as well.