Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bobcats

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Our county Game Warden came to the gunclub last night. He reported there has been 5 bobcats picked up dead off the roads in Butler County this year that he knew of. They seem to be located West of the Miami River in the SW part of the County. They feel the bobcats are coming in from Indiana for new territory. Lots of trail camera pictures. 2 of the bobcats were females. Some idiot asked it the bobcats would prey on his horses! No bobcats only eat mice. HaHa
I didn't bring up the deer numbers when he said since the deer harvest was only down about 5%. He also reminded everyone to hunt after sunset for 30 minutes to improve your chance od getting a deer. There you go with more Ohio advise to kill more deer.

Last edited:

at1010

*Supporting Member*
interesting.

Bobcats will eat more than mice tho. Grant Woods posted a photo recently of a bobcat eating a deer. They are 15-25lbs cats, damn near solid muscle, you would be amazed at what they could eat/kill. Not a horse tho!!!

Riverdude said:
I bet the Bobcats ate the Coyotes down there!
We should be so lucky, for that to happen. However, we'd be no better off and actually worse. Cats are excellent predators, virtual killing machines.

A lot of people don't realize it, but there are entire species of birds that are extinct (gone forever), due to house and/or feral cats.

I do everything in my power to never let any cat cross my line of sight without putting a bullet in its' noggin. Maintaining that standard has allowed me to see more small game and less or no cats...the way it should be at all times. :smiley_dead:

Bowhunter57

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
When I was going to work yesterday morning in the dark, I drove over something that was laying in the highway. I was on it before I knew it & I'm still not sure what it was. It was bigger than a cat, but didn't look like any dog though it had some bulk. I'd swear it had spots. It wasn't there this morning or along side the highway when I went back to work this morning. I'm not saying it was a bobcat, but it certainly had me thinking it just the same. It was in the Marne area on RT16.

Last edited: