Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Got Another one!!!!

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
This is one i can't believe but i'll take it!!! My first was Thanksgiving and the second was today!!! Same fence but another crawl through spot but completely coverd over by snow. This spot is about five yards from the road with a big deep ditch in between. With all the snow im driving by on my way to a spot to call and im not even slowing down to look because i know its buried and not even visible. Low and behold as im crusing by about 40 mph i look over and see the big dirt spot with a yote in the middle of it under the fence. I'm like no f-ing way how in the hell did he even know there was a spot there unless hes been through it before which he probally was but he went right TOO the spot and dug under the snow to get through and i had him around the neck with his right foot caught also. He was just barely alive and breathing so i had to jump back across the ditch and get the .22. Soon as the wife gets home i will get some pics. Its a big male with a lot of burrs and dirty from the ground thawing but the fur looks good. Used some snow to wash him up a bit. Thats one of the best things about trapping is the big supprise you get when all the odds are against you and you get one!!!! You guys that are doing this for the first time are in for a AWESOME time!!!! Dont know how many i have got all together but this feels like my first one lol!!!

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
DSC06353.jpg I got to weight this one. He's a heavy sumbitch lol!!!

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
LOL!!! Mail man gave a look and didn't say nothin and a car passing just looked with a lot of finger pointing lol!!!! Going TOO wait for everything to refreeze next week and re-set it again. Its a good hole thats good for two or three a year. Thanks for the congrats guys!!!

Nice Yote !!

I pulled most of my snares because of the deep snow
So I just have 6 out right now

With the rain , almost all of the snow is gone
So I will have to set them again

John

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
WooHooo Number three!!! Reset thursday and got this one today. It went right at 40# on the scale. I went to check it and left the rifle in the truck and was like if i got one i'll walk back for it. It was a happy walk back thats for sure!!! All three have been males.DSC06395.jpgDSC06397.jpgDSC06399.jpg