Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

3 Minute Track Job - NO Blood!!

Rob Miller of Michigan Deer Trackn Hounds up here in Michigan posted up a video of his dog Sypris who has been making a name for herself the last couple of years helping people recover their deer. In this video the hunter, who is 7 years old, shot the buck using a crossbow. The father thought the shot was high but as Rob inspected the arrow he suspected it was gut shot. You have got to watch this as Sypris takes Rob on a fast yet rewarding track with absolutely no visible blood.

[video=youtube_share;uwbujDJt9Yw]http://youtu.be/uwbujDJt9Yw[/video]

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That sure was interesting. It would have taken a large search party to find that buck if ever. Thanks for posting.

Buckmaster

Portage
That sure was interesting. It would have taken a large search party to find that buck if ever. Thanks for posting.

Yep, especially when the hunter thought it went Right.

The dog went Left.

If I were part of a search party I probably would have ventured Right and followed the course.

teej89

NE PA
wow that's crazy! Looks like old cyprus was getting a snack at the end of his track too lol

does it look like yotes got to his rear? Seems to be farily messed up where the dog was gnawing on

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've heard vicious rumors they are the shiznit for tracking deer...great job cypris!!

Yes. Long nose. Low to the ground. Big ears holding scent in towards their nose. Lots of people use them. Many opt for the long haired or wire haired version of the weiner dog.

Buckmaster

Portage
So we all running out to buy Weiner dogs for Xmas?

My daughter has been bugging me to buy one for her for the last 3 years.

I keep saying, "Not in our new house." But then again its now 12 months old.

Someday, I'll be Father of the Year.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The gnawing that Sypris does is her little reward that Rob allows her to do and she gets right to work on them LOL. Pretty interesting that she goes for the rear end kind of like what a yote would do.

Has to be a canine thing. Hank does the same. Either that or he likes to lick up any blood from entry/exit holes. I don't know if it is bad for him, but generally let him clean them up for the hero shots for the hunter. lmao

Big H

Medina
Very nice. My grandparents used to have the wirehaired ones years ago.

Buckmaster, you should get your kids one, every kid should have a dog growing up.

Last edited: