Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A&E Suspended Phil Robertson

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Duck Dynasty lost their lead role model, their dad Phil Robertson.... GQ magazine interviewed him and asked about gay rights and he gave his opinion but stated he didn't judge people because that is Gods job not his.... Because of the backlash from the gay community A&E suspended him from the show indefinitely....

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
You know the more I think about this the more I wonder if it isn't a publicity stunt. Not that it started that way but this is generating a ton of support for Phil.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm glad it's generating more support for Phil! He didn't say anything wrong here from what I just read. All this PC crap has to stop. He's a Christian Redneck. The question was asked to generate readership for GQ, not Phil. The Robertsons couldn't be any bigger if they were all good looking blonde women, they don't need a ratings boost.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Wait so a Christian Redneck from the South shares his opinion and the media blows it up acting surprised that he would say that?

1. HE didnt say anything wrong
2. He quoted the bible, whats the big deal?
3. He said pussy is more attractive than a dudes AHOLE, well I would say thats the truth for 98% of men. So again no big deal.

I cant even handle our media, its a fugging joke!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That's BS! Plain and simple! This PC shit has got to stop!

Beener will prolly drop his GQ subscription as well and I don't blame him! Lol

teej89

NE PA
What response was he interviewed expecting? I think it's a shitty question to ask IMO. Go Phil tho, he's the man and I'm glad he didn't take back what he said. I guess that's probably exactly what the interviewer was expecting and he just wanted to get some drama rolling.

A season or two ago A&E asked them if the robertsons to not pray and shoot guns as much on the show. And Phil basically told him this is who we are and what we do so you can hit the road jack. A&E quickly changed their minds and resigned them lol

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Dang shame as to what the world has come TOO. What ever happened to free speech? Plus what he said in the interview was correct. He was my favorite person on the show and their ratings will suffer for it.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I think they were all on board and it was all for publicity. I do agree with Brock that they can't possibly get any bigger, but the asshole who are stuffing their pockets off their brand don't see it that way...

Milo

Tatonka guide.
i personally hope they walk away from it and A&E. A&E was only okay with their lifestyle till it cost them money. fuggum

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Seems like they were setting him up for this fall with that interview. I'm sure GQ knew what he would say and baited the hook. Hopefully he continues to get the support he deserves and shoves it down GQ and A&E's throats!!

The left has a deep disdain for their conservative Christian values and the popularity they have gained. They've been trying for a while to destroy them. The media is taking his statements out of context by only airing partial statements and leaving out the part where he says it's not for him to judge and we must love everyone as a neighbor regardless of who they are. It's the same as with Paula dean. They railroaded her and destroyed her career because she was a Christian southerner. It doesn't fit Hollywoods mold of liberal atheist moonbats.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
It's refreshing to see someone speak up for what they believe in & not worry about their status, or cave in. I'm cetain ol Phil could care less whether he's on the show or not. I'd be a bit worried about the show its self, but they've had a good run no matter what the outcome will be.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
It's refreshing to see someone speak up for what they believe in & not worry about their status, or cave in. I'm cetain ol Phil could care less whether he's on the show or not. I'd be a bit worried about the show its self, but they've had a good run no matter what the outcome will be.

I Agree!! Great to see someone say what they feel instead of being afraid of what others may think or say about it! F these people. I am so tired of this conservative BS anymore