Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bottoms Up - Brantley Gilbert

teej89

NE PA
His new single, pretty sweet song

[video=youtube_share;ukick72Qafc]http://youtu.be/ukick72Qafc[/video]

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I don't understand how that song is considered country music. I'll stick with my Waylon and Possum.

It's the same as when the late 80's hit and as long as a band had long hair they were considered metal. As most on here know, I'm a huge Guns N' Roses fan, but I know they are not metal. They got lumped in because of their image. They were hard rock, yes... but not metal.

I think it is time for sub-categories of country.

Real country = Waylon, Hank, George Jones, Cash, etc... I'd even throw some modern artists in there like Toby Keith, Eric Church, Miranda Lambert, and Brad Paisley.

Pop country = Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, Rascal Flatts, Keith Urban, Blake Shelton, etc...

New Wave Country = Brantley Gilbert, Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, etc...

This is just off the top of my head. Not that I don't like to listen to the guys that fit in the new wave country category, they have some good tunes, but I think it's time to divide it up.

And for what it's worth, I didn't get to listen to the song in the original post yet, but I will. I think Brantley Gilbert writes some good tunes.

Last edited:

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Gonna be a good to see him at Country Fest this year. but, I do agree. It Ain't country. Its better than all the other garbage out there right now.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
It's the same as when the late 80's hit and as long as a band had long hair they were considered metal. As most on here know, I'm a huge Guns N' Roses fan, but I know they are not metal. They got lumped in because of their image. They were hard rock, yes... but not metal.

I think it is time for sub-categories of country.

Real country = Waylon, Hank, George Jones, Cash, etc... I'd even throw some modern artists in there like Toby Keith, Eric Church, Miranda Lambert, and Brad Paisley.

Pop country = Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, Rascal Flatts, Keith Urban, Blake Shelton, etc...

New Wave Country = Brantley Gilbert, Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, etc...

This is just off the top of my head. Not that I don't like to listen to the guys that fit in the new wave country category, they have some good tunes, but I think it's time to divide it up.

And for what it's worth, I didn't get to listen to the song in the original post yet, but I will. I think Brantley Gilbert writes some good tunes.

I agree that its time to divide it up.