Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Almost!!!!

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Went on a rabbit hunt today and just for the heck of it i grabbed some buckshot and my little critter call to take with me. Got done rabbit hunting and was heading back to my truck when i found some big cotton woods to stand next too and call. Loaded the 3 buck in the benelli and started a calling sequence and right away i see a yote heading from the railroad tracks to a lttle woods i was calling too about three to four hundred yards away. I was like maybe the sound was echoing off the woods and he thought thats where the noise was coming from. This is at 1:00 in the afternoon. So i call a little longer and wait about fifteen minutes and nothin. Ok so i head to the truck looking out across the field thinking about moving closer to the woods to call some more and thats what i do. I get set up in a thicket by a ditch line and start calling again and i see one way off making his way towards me. Im still a couple hundred yards from the woods and the yote makes it to the back side and i loose site of him. Called some more and nothin. I'm like ok they didnt get close to me or in my wind to spook and they didnt see me so i got out of there. Maybe if it was night time they would have commited on coming in? Oh well it was cool seeing them and next time i will have my electric caller and rifle with me. I changed the reed in the critter call and it dosen't sound like it did when it was new.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
That'll get the heart going some.... Practice makes perfect.... Now you know what too do after your bunny hunts.... Yote hunt on the way back out..... Good luck next time....

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Yeah it was just a fluke thing as i most always go when it just gets dark. I called one once that i thought was going to run over me when i shot it and have called others in so i think im doing something right i hope. Thats the thing also is you dont know who else is around blowing calls. The most luck i have had is with this little open reed critter call but i might of messed it up when i changed the reed. There cheap so i might just get a new one. I have the johnny stewert digital that i have used but never had anything come in but hawks and owls LOL!!!. Thanks on the Good luck i need it lol!!!