Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mohs surgery-procedure?

epe

Lancaster
Well I can tell you it was no fun. Jesse saw photo of the huge azz circle cut they took out of my face. Amazed how they sewed it up...Will be around three weeks till it stretches back to normal..

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Watched a youtube video after you asked about it. Wasn't about to link it. Didn't look fun at all.

I had 2 moles removed from my back to have looked at a couple years ago. One was right before the first TOO gathering at Woodbury. Had a fresh set of stitches in my back and drove 2hrs to get there for that weekend. Had to have ol Joe slap a big ol bandage over it the first night. Now it looks like I have 2 bullet holes in my back from the scares. Dr. did it right there in his office. I'm sure yours will heal up much better then mine did. Glad to hear everything went ok for you.

epe

Lancaster
Yeah, I have a bad pic I could show you.lol This the scar after they took the 42 stiches out today. Face swelling and pulling will go away in about 3 weeks...Almost from ear to eye...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387828205194.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387828205194.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 56

epe

Lancaster
I am still a little swollen but better. I am amazed at how they were able to close that size of a hole on my face...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Glad your doing better and glad you put it on here too give everyone heads up and too maybe get checked out once in a while by your dermatologist.... I had some stuff removed and no issues because of it....

epe

Lancaster
Yeah, don't think it is too early to get checked out. I am still in my 30's. They did a biopsy on my back last week. I should know the results of it this week...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dang Eric!!! Glad they got it in time! Hope it heals fast for you. This certain mole must have been in the more advanced stages of melanoma. Hope you get a great report on your back. Good luck!

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Glad things worked out for you. About 10 yrs. ago had a mold removed from my waistband. The Doctor explained to me most people can't bring it to themselves to have pre-cancer molds removed. I said hell if it's bad just remove it. Couldn't see a Doctor looking at every 6 months to see it turns worse.