Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Another " cool " video

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I have a funny auger story to share.

Working on new construction a few years back they where drilling a hole with about a 16" auger with one of the two man gas powered ones. Well the Amish boys got it jammed in some sandstone and couldn't get it unstuck for anything. So as we are sitting there eating lunch one of these Amish boys decided he was going to ride this thing. He proceeds to sit Indian style on top of this auger, pulls the rope to start it.

Once he grabbed that throttle it was all over. He made it about two rotations before being thrown off spread eagle, spinning like a top parallel to the ground about 5' in the air. He continued this flight for a good 20' or so before skipping like a rock on water for another 10'. He was lucky it threw him away from the house or he would have went right through a window. I don't know if I have ever laughed so hard in my life though.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I have a funny auger story to share.

Working on new construction a few years back they where drilling a hole with about a 16" auger with one of the two man gas powered ones. Well the Amish boys got it jammed in some sandstone and couldn't get it unstuck for anything. So as we are sitting there eating lunch one of these Amish boys decided he was going to ride this thing. He proceeds to sit Indian style on top of this auger, pulls the rope to start it.

Once he grabbed that throttle it was all over. He made it about two rotations before being thrown off spread eagle, spinning like a top parallel to the ground about 5' in the air. He continued this flight for a good 20' or so before skipping like a rock on water for another 10'. He was lucky it threw him away from the house or he would have went right through a window. I don't know if I have ever laughed so hard in my life though.

And that is why Amish shouldn't run gas powered equipment.