Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dads gun buck

Got One

Hunted all week of gun season and took one doe. Waited for a shooter but never seen one. On Saturday afternoon the guys the next ridge over jumped and missed a good buck and it decided to bed up in a spot I call the pine bowl. I seen the tracks going into it and had my father post up in a comfy 4x6 box blind on our gas line. I made a small push and this guy decided to step out 20 yards from the blind on the gas line and Pops was ready. He has 12 score-able points, 16 3/4 spread but good mass. grossed 158 5/8 and nets 144 3/8. My fathers biggest buck to date and made both of us happy for his success.Jesse It was good seeing you again and had a ball Saturday night. pops buck (Small).JPGpops2 (Small).JPGNew Image (Small).JPG

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That is a great buck. Congrats to you both. Sounds like a pretty good memory made for you guys.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It was great being there Steve! I always have fun over there! Congrats to pops on a hell of a buck!!! At first glance I thought it was the one I missed, but this buck is much bigger!!! To my knowledge, that is one of the biggest deer killed (legally) in our neck of the woods in a long time. We've never jumped something of that caliber off Grandmas, but you know they are in there.

You coming down for muzzleloader?

teej89

NE PA
Congrats to your dad! So did the group next door let you know they jumped a buck onto your property or did you just put on a random push thru the pines and that big boy came out?