Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Christmas gift for a newborn.... HELP! lol

teej89

NE PA
So the younger of my two sisters had her first child a boy. I'm not sure what to get the kid. I'm thinking a stuffed animal but I hate buying them online cuz you never really know what you're gonna get. I need y'alls opinions lol

I was thinking the following could potentially be some gifts, not buying all this stuff though lol:

-stuffed animal
-some clothes and a book
-a sports knit beanie and some clothes
-bottle of whiskey for my BIL duh
-a card and write a check for my sister to use for whatever for Colt. Whether clothes wise, food, toys, or his college fund.

They're huge sports fans also steelers, yankees, pirates, penguins, dare I say it on here Penn State :D

my other 4 year old newphews I got them both a toy bow cuz ever since I gave my BIL(their dad) my old bow and they've been watching him shoot it and saying they wanna be able to shoot with him. Twins nephews are great cuz you just do x2 in the shopping cart but.... you're still buying double of everything lol

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'm sure they already have toys, and more toys creates clutter. I would look at mobile like redhunter said. Get him a doe bleat can, his parents will love that lol

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
First off, they have great taste in teams minus the Yankees. Well, I guess minus Penn State too.

My brothers and I always used to joke that we was going to buy each other's kids a drum. But, since this is a newborn, any type of crib toy is always good. Maybe one of those ones that hangs on the side and lights up, plays music, etc... We used to have a "fish tank" for our kids and it soothed them before bed.

Since the baby won't know what you get, another idea is a gift card for mom and dad to get diapers or whatever.

Savings bond is another great idea. My mom has been doing that for my kids every year since they were born for birthdays and Christmas.

teej89

NE PA
Thanks guys! Never thought of the mobile, I think that's what I'm gonna go with. I may throw in a savings bond also depending how much the mobile is.

And the fat head of a boob of course milo haha

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Get him a Cricket Rifle.....His Mom ain't gonna like it but he sure will someday! Yes, Xbow is serious! Cabelas has them on sale for 99.99.:smiley_coolpeace:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have an 11 month old and DO NOT need any more shit. I tried to get my wife to tell people to contribute to her college, so we'll see how that goes. Give the kid $ for college. That's more important than any tangible gift IMO.

teej89

NE PA
How about a sports themed piggy bank and I'll put a savings bond in it?

Then every year after that I'll do a savings bond or some kind of money and a gift.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Savings bonds are great until you find out like my son did the parents cashed them all and pissed the money away.
Open up a saving account at a bank or Credit Union in the kid's name and your name. That way the parents can't get into it. Not to say they would but a lot of parents do thinking they will always put it back but never do.