Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

not what i was hoping for

yotehunter

spencerville oh
IMG_20131207_131751.jpg
This year has been a slow one, been bow hunting 25 to 30 hrs a week up until last week. Only having two decent deer under me all year with no shot opportunities, I was frustrated too say the least. This was the first year in 7 years I had a buck tag for gun season. And the deer in the middle ended up filling my tag this year. And on Friday morning I wouldn't think I was going too fill it. We jumped this pair of bucks and they went to the next section to the west and laid down in a wide open section in some corn stalks. So me and a buddy walk a creek bottom 3/4 of a mile, to try and get a head of them because there was a huge group of hunters to our north. And we didn't have permission in that section. So as we get to the end of the ditch we poked our heads up to see if they were still bedded. And sure enough there they stood at 225 yards watching the other group. So we decided to try and cut the distance down. We got to about 200 and they got nervous. So we had guys posted at the usual crossings we thought if we soot they will turn back to our sitters. So on the count of three kaboom my deer fell and my buddies was running straight to the dirt also. They were both dead, it was unbelievable. The guys that was posted up couldn't believe what just happened. Sorry for no pics in the field but at the time the story was enough. My deer is on the right and my buddies on the left. Both were huge bodied deer. The deer gods was watching down on us last Friday. He isn't huge but the story will last a lifetime.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sometimes the memories of the hunt score much higher than the size of the antlers. Congratulations on great memories made with friends and for filling your tags.