Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Muzzleloader season.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Got to thinking about this year's muzzleloader season. I'm thinking it might be better then last year. We were seeing more deer this year then last year and with no bonus weekend the first day of ML should be pretty good, at least compared to last year.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm thinking the same thing. I plan on hunting couple days out of my new tower. It'll be enclosed and heated. I didn't get to gun last week as my brother never showed up to go. Stayed home and got some R&D word done. I'll be using my TC Encore 45 caliber smokeless ML again. I just love seeing what I shoot at after the shot. No smoke screen.
Good luck.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I'm going to put up a blind and use a heater. Screw the cold. Is there a hunter orange requirement for a ground blind? If not, I think it would be a good idea?

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I bet this year's muzzy season will be awesome! Bonus gun diluted it the past several years imo.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm going to put up a blind and use a heater. Screw the cold. Is there a hunter orange requirement for a ground blind? If not, I think it would be a good idea?

Don't believe there is. I always was going to put orange fencing tape on my ground blind but never did. But where I hunt there is are no other hunters. I will in the future.

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Its stupid, but yes you must wear hunter orange even while enclosed in a blind. Tickets have been written for this very thing. Not that I care, just warning you guys.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hoping to get my son out more. Crossbow, muzzle loader, whatever. Not sure he will go out with the muzzle loader or not. He is a bit gun shy.

Lundy

I am really looking forward to the MZ season. It has always been my favorite and the most productive for our group for killing a mature buck. Every year we get to see some new bucks that we have never seen before.

I will have to purchase another deer tag to allow me to spend 4 days of coyote hunting and shooting video of deer, squirrels, birds, whatever

I won't be shooting another deer, one is all I need.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I plan to go on my first ever muzzy season hunt this year, Should be a good time. Setting the bar low here so if a do actually see a deer I will be suprised.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Its stupid, but yes you must wear hunter orange even while enclosed in a blind. Tickets have been written for this very thing. Not that I care, just warning you guys.

Yes for gun hunting a orange vest is require. I really thought we were talking about putting a orange warning on the outside of the ground blind so other hunters know it's there.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
This is a damn nice addition to my blind for $9!
$(KGrHqNHJB8FI-gH9RjQBSTsBIVDMw~~60_3.JPG