Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Vest style safety harness

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
This is my 1st year for using a safety harness as I've been hunting out of a tower only for years. Never seen a need for one in the last 40 yrs. So how wrong I was as I see others getting hurt or killed by not using one. Never again will I hunt without using a safety harness.
Bear in mine I only hunted 2 days in October for a total of 8 hrs. before taking my buck on Oct 27th. I was hunting in a 17 ft. ladder stand.
I put the safety vest on under my insulated coveralls and just ran the safety strap out the top. I found no interference what so ever.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
I have a HSS vest harness also, older model, I like the fact that it is easy to figure out how to put on...we all have had those mornings where you're running late and scrambling to get everything on, with the harnes being sewn to the vest there is no tangle or trying to figure out which spot your arms are supposed to go through.

I haven't tried anything newer, so I don't any different, but I don't think its too bulky, restricting and it's pretty quiet when on and secured.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I have a HSS as well. I used to have some upper body harness that was basically a fall restraint more than anything. As soon as I had a kid, I figured I owed it to my family to do everything in my power to make it home in 1 piece every night. There are no cons to it when you think about the alternative. IMO, they are by far the safest things out there. Do yourself and family a favor and get the best you can afford

BULLHEAD

I have a HSS as well. I used to have some upper body harness that was basically a fall restraint more than anything. As soon as I had a kid, I figured I owed it to my family to do everything in my power to make it home in 1 piece every night. There are no cons to it when you think about the alternative. IMO, they are by far the safest things out there. Do yourself and family a favor and get the best you can afford

Totally agree with you on this one! I use what came with my Summit climber and I am trusting that it will not fail. Just looking at some other options.