Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Buckeye Football

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Time we had a thread for this. You're welcome to start a "Trash OSU" thread if you want... ;)

Joey Bosa. He's an Urban recruit who gives me hope. He could be a real star IMO. Absolute beast for a true freshman.

Shazier will go if Fickle goes. He won't want to learn a new system and he's ready IMO. Raw, but he's physical enough to play at the next level.

We still don't have a full set of Meyer recruits. The best is yet to come. Especially when we start scheduling better out of conference games.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
After last nights game I have come to grips that the bucks are a good team, just not a great team. They are on their way though. A great defense is a must, if you want to win a championship. As you saw last night, the secondary has a lot off holes in it. I will say this, that Urban WILL get them where they need to be and hopefully Fickle is gone after this season.
I will say that the best team won last night and it would have been a debockle if they went to the NC game.

epe

Lancaster
Bosa is a freak of nature. Another offseason of him and Noah Spence, they could be scary. I hope the cbs coming up can play man. That lb that was player of the year from svsm looks the part too. Did double bird man, Marcus hall play any last night?

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
No doubt about it. There were several hits like the blocked punt hit which stick out in my head. Shazier is one impressive dude.

He also made a dumb pass interference penalty that helped keep MSU"s first drive going that was crucial in my opinion. That D needed to make a statement early and they blew it twice...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
He also made a dumb pass interference penalty that helped keep MSU"s first drive going that was crucial in my opinion. That D needed to make a statement early and they blew it twice...

Agreed. A 3 and out on the first possession by MSU, followed by a scoring drive by us would have changed the outcome of the game IMO. I told my wife after the first 3:45 of the game we'd lose. It was written all over their faces.

Adelphus Washington has been a bust IMO.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Agreed. A 3 and out on the first possession by MSU, followed by a scoring drive by us would have changed the outcome of the game IMO. I told my wife after the first 3:45 of the game we'd lose. It was written all over their faces.

Adelphus Washington has been a bust IMO.
This Washington fella, whose he? Lol

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Redemption, is what I see when the Bucks kick Clemson in the teeth at the Orange Bowl. I honestly cant wait till Urban puts his own defensive coordinator in place next year. Its just a matter of time that he quits doing right by alumni's and does right for the Buckeyes!!!!

O H!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
After last nights game I have come to grips that the bucks are a good team, just not a great team. They are on their way though. A great defense is a must, if you want to win a championship. As you saw last night, the secondary has a lot off holes in it. I will say this, that Urban WILL get them where they need to be and hopefully Fickle is gone after this season.
I will say that the best team won last night and it would have been a debockle if they went to the NC game.

Ditto to this and every other post so far!

Fickle has to go though and I say bring back Heacock if he's available. He started the silver bullet D if I'm not mistaken....

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Redemption, is what I see when the Bucks kick Clemson in the teeth at the Orange Bowl. I honestly cant wait till Urban puts his own defensive coordinator in place next year. Its just a matter of time that he quits doing right by alumni's and does right for the Buckeyes!!!!

O H!

I'll give you an I-O Aaron but I hope your right but the way our defense has played the last two games Boyd and Watkins might have a hey day:-(

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Doran Grant(5*db has been a major bust in the secondary and Roby makes a great play followed by 2-3 bad ones! I bet Antonio Winfield was biting bullets watching this game! IMO, he,Nate Clements and Malcolm Jenkins were some of the best who've donned the S&G in our secondary!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Oh, and our receivers dropped some catchable balls during crucial plays that cost us drives and field position. Evan Spencer needs to stop twitting that we'd wipe the field up with the Bamas and Noles and play ball and make plays! Fuggar dropped two balls he should have caught and Devan dropped a TD ball! Great players make plays and rise to the occasion.

Anyone else get tired of seeing BM half fake a pass and run into the pile in the middle? Lol

I'm done and I feel better:)