Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2012 Wyoming antelope

DXT

In fall 2012 I was able to go on a hunting trip that was on my bucket list. I was happy to go on an antelope hunt in Wyoming. I as there during the rut, what an incredible thing to witness. I seen this buck laying on a hill at over a 1000 yards away for hours. When he decided to get up and come my way as a doe was approaching my water hole. As he approached, at about 100 yards out, he seen my decoy. Doe was at 25 yards, as he rustled his horns through some sage brush. The doe was circling around my blind as he came closer. The closer he got to the decoy the more aggressive he became. The doe was almost circled around and in my wind. He was wheezing at the decoy as he narrowed the shooting distance. At 18 yards I touched the release and hit my target. He ran and expired at 50 yards away. I was so excited to kill my first antelope with my Mathews. Would love to go back again sometime.

DXT

Meat was very good. I had mule deer to, antelope was way better. Was a great experience. The terrain was nothing I was use to. Definitely want to go out again. Forgot to mention he made pope and young scoring
70 0/8"

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I know very little about pronghorn but from the shows I've watched I was gonna bet he was a book buck. Congratulations on a great hunting experience and buck.

They must have stellar eye sight!

What type broadhead you use?

DXT

They can see real good seems they can see 360 degrees with eyes on the side of their heads. Tried spot and stalk a few but was spotted each time. I use rage chisel tips, did a heck of a job.