Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Only saw one deer all day

Lundy

Got into one blind at 6;40 this morning and endured the monsoon and SW winds without seeing a deer. Moved to another stand 200 yds away at 2 when the wind switched to the NW. No deer until 4:40. Only deer I saw today.

By far my slowest deer season as long as I can remember as far as deer sightings. I used to see more by noon on the first day than I have seen all week hunting daylight to dark.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Congrats Lundy! I would agree with the others. If you are going to only see one, you saw a good one.

Lundy

Congrats on a beauty!

That deer looks familiar to me. Doubtful, but ya never know! Athens/meigs/vinton territory?

Athens, At least 6-1/2 years old. I have pictures of him for the last 4 years. He is as good as he was ever going to get. He was always the most camera shy.

There were 3 bucks running together that I got a picture of 4 years ago. The last 3 years I have killed one of them. I now have no more deer left to hunt:)

By the way Mike T was at the Athens County processor aging deer on Tuesday when we dropped of my sons deer.