Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2013, yr of the buck

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
This yr for some reason has played out to be a great yr for buck killing . Just seems like about everyone I'd call a friend has killed a good deer . Throw in friends of friends deer and it seems like my phone was constantly getting pictures of big dead deer .. A couple buddies still are hunting but i can honestly say 80% or more of friends and family killed good deer this yr . I'm gonna post a few pics of my brother in laws , mine , and my brothers deer . They may not be giants , but they're all quality deer .

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
My brother in law Gary started off with this mature 9 point . While its not a high scoring deer it was mature .. . We've been best friends since we were in high school except for the first yr or so he dated my sister . Lol . It all worked out tho and with a 3.5 yr old and a 10 month old at home hunting time was at a premium and this deer was tag worthy .

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I followed up a few days later and lucked into a nice one . I've already posted story and pics but for the sake of the topic I'll repost a couple pics .

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Today my brother called me about 1130 to tell me he just shot a buck. He described it as a 130" 8 pt but said he didn't have much time to look at it before dropping the hammer of his ML at 20 yds when the deer stopped . Obviously he was pleasantly surprised with what awaited him at the end of a short bloodtrail .

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice thread Jake. You guys know how to get it done!

I would say there could be something to your thoughts. I know some people who have been overdue and deserving a good buck and connected this year as well. My friend Dean being one of them locally. Couldn't have been happier when Fluteman connected. Most deserving guy out there. Always hunt smart and hard. He was due for lady luck to bounce his way. Been a good season for sure.

Gordo

Athens County
Hell yeah. Awesome when not only yourself, but folks close to you get it done in the same year. Makes it more special thats for sure

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
I agree!!! Same here with my buddys. The three of us got nice deer this year. Stopped by a spot where some gun hunters were meeting after the morning hunt and they had two nice eight pointers and showed some pics of other great deer that are in the area.