Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

new property, first tresspassers

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Acquired some new property to hunt this year...got a late start for bowhunting it but started running cams nonetheless...yesterday went to check cams since I didn't get up to hunt and found a tresspasser on the property...just their car, not the actual tresspasser...took a picture of license plate and sent it to landowner per his request...checked my cams and nothing was stolen or disturbed...later I got one picture of tresspasser and looked like 2 younger guys...prbly just went out to shoot a handgun in the backwoods, but tresspassing nonetheless...really hoping that;s all it was and they won't be back this week.

I'm sure some of you can relate to this sort of thing, just siitting here at work this week and not knowing what is going on is not sitting well with me...I know what I could do, but I have to work this week and can't take time off...prbly should just let the landowner and sheriff deal with it.

Rant over, thanks for listening TOO brotherhood!

Yep, this time of year is seems the come out of the woodwork and set foot on land they know isn't theirs to be on. Just the reason I pull all my cameras at least the week or two before gun season as that seems to be when they get restless and want to go shooting things. Glad my dad is off this entire week to keep an eye on things though.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Yep, this time of year is seems the come out of the woodwork and set foot on land they know isn't theirs to be on. Just the reason I pull all my cameras at least the week or two before gun season as that seems to be when they get restless and want to go shooting things. Glad my dad is off this entire week to keep an eye on things though.

I went back after dark to check my cam an luckily it was still there, bumped a deer, and thought I better pull the cam incase they come back in the morning and actually find it...I just thought it wasn't very fair that I can't hunt and run cams when I want cuz of people prefer to ask for forgiveness than permission in these situations..

Life isn't fair though, better to suck it up and remove my stuff than to get it stolen for sure...just wish I had more time to be out there right now, sortof...I don't want any altercations, especially since it isn't my land, I just have permission.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Hoping this rain/wintery mix, more rain and warmer temps will keep any possible trespassers out this week...I'm going to try and keep checking up on the place though.